Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jesus is love

We are all familiar with 1 Corinthians 13 , or The Love Chapter. We often hear it read at weddings or during a sermon. It is a great chapter and shows a good picture of what love is.

Jesus is love. He doesn’t have love; He is love. You can not separate the two. If you have Jesus, you have love. If you have love, you have Jesus. So, if we go back and look at the Love Chapter seeing Jesus as love, it looks like this:

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not Jesus, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not Jesus, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not Jesus, I gain nothing.

Jesus is patient, He is kind. He does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud. Jesus is not rude, He is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs. Jesus does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8aJesus never fails. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and Jesus. But the greatest of these is Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Great reminder that our focus is Jesus! He is all we need. Cool way to insert his name into the love chapter!

    ReplyDelete