Thursday, July 16, 2009

Delight

Psalms 37:4, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

The first time I read this, I said to myself, “How does this work? Why isn’t every Christian a millionaire? What about the Christians who are thrown into prison for their faith?” I began to think and pray about it.

As I looked at the verse, I began to realize that if you are truly delighting yourself in the Lord, the desires of your heart will change. His desires will become your desires. His passion will become your passion. You’ll stop worrying about what others thing about you; you’ll want to please the Lord and draw closer to him. It is then, He will give us the desires of our heart. We must delight ourselves in the Lord.

Delight:

1. To give great pleasure to.

2. To rejoice.

1 comment: