Friday, October 23, 2009

God Doesn’t Want to Bless You

I was hoping that title would catch your attention.

Don’t misunderstand me. I’m not saying that God is withholding blessings or is out to get us. I’m saying I think the mindset of ‘God Bless You’ is wrong.

First, we are treating God like a vending machine. “If we pray long and hard enough, if we read enough of the Bible, if we fast, then God owes me and I deserve to be blessed.” This isn’t true. We can’t control or manipulate God. He’s plans and His will is greater than we can understand.

Second, we want to be in control of our lives. We don’t let God tell us what to do. We want to approve God’s will in our lives. We’ll let God drive, as long as we navigate.

Do you often find yourself asking God to bless a project, but never asked Him if you should have started it?

We’re not His second in command. We’re His servants. We need to submit our lives to Him. Let Him write the story of your live. Then, you will truly see the blessings of God.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post Becky! I didn't know you had a blog. That is great to see and now Facebook too. Great stuff. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete